Thursday, July 5, 2012

Meltdown #2

Considering I have been in constant pain since May 26th, I guess I shouldn't be so hard on myself.

My first crybaby attack was when I drove to church by myself for the first time after the accident.  It was a Wednesday night, and I was a block from Southwest Park.  A kid in a small pickup in the other lane, had just passed me.  Even though he was behind me, when he slammed on his brakes and skidded into someone's yard, anxiety hit.  I waited until I parked at church before I lost it.  Just the sound of that skid, brought it all back.  I walked into our meal/prayer meeting sobbing.  Everyone was so nice.  Susan H. found me a place to sit, Susan W. brought me my food, Susan T. got my water.  Numerous others came by to give me a hug.  (we do have people NOT named Susan in our church, by the way....)  Beth and Russell said they understood my fear.  I cried all through prayer meeting, and continued it at home. 

I still have difficulty when I see a white vehicle coming toward me, going too fast.  I know that this is something that will eventually go away.  Patience, dear Sharon, patience.

Meltdown #2 was today.  My back is still 'stove up.' I cannot breathe without it hurting.  Which, basically is all the time.  My chiropractor has been working on it, but during and afterwards, I am in such severe pain, I have about decided it is not worth it.  As he said, the car hit me head-on going 50 mph, and the airbag hit me going 100 mph, it is no wonder my back still hurts.  Today, I had enough.  After I left his office, I had a pity party.  I drove home crying and praying.  I suppose God is still wanting to teach me something through it.  But, just between you and me, I am fed up.  This constant pain, each time I breathe, each time I twist wrong, each time I happen to hit the two large hematomas that are left (which could take months to go away), well, I got to my breaking point.  I came home and cried out to God for it to end soon. 

I'm sure there will be more meltdowns before I am 'normal.'  

No comments: